Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Spoon

There's the red plaid shorts that were once yours. There's the tank top without the bra underneath. There's the 5 inch long blade slicing the inside of my thigh because your hand isn't there. There are my hands hiding in the fetal position because your fingers are too good for me. There's all my exposed skin, burning like the devil's would when exposed to the cross because I am the devil and you're the only one who could convince me otherwise. You were my friend. You made me smile. You didn't just break my heart, you broke me.

There is the hollow space behind my back as I'm curled over and the space in between the cave I've created in front of my stomach and the vacuum in the crook of my neck because you won't hold me from behind and make the world disappear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home